• 5th Anniversary Celebration of Tennessee Street Park; June 1; all day
Free food and drinks, music, inflatables, free t-shirts to first 200 in attendance
• Old Purdy Trade Day; Purdy Community Center; Gann Road, Selmer; June 1
Car show, party jumpers, craft vendors, food and self-guided tour of historic sites; for more information contact 731-610-1716 or 731-434-7400
• Saulter’s Chapel C.M.E. Church; Michie; June 2; 2:30 p.m.
Celebrating National Stewardess Day with Jon Taylor, pastor of First Missionary Baptist Church, Iuka, Mississippi; lunch served after worship
• Lunch “n” Learn at Cherry Mansion; June 3; 12:15 p.m.
A free program; RSVP at 925-8181 by May 30. Inclement weather plans are to move to the Tennessee River Museum
• Eureka United Methodist Church; 1120 Wayne Rd.; June 7; 3 p.m.
Supper meal – meat loaf and three veggies, or cornbread salad, dessert; proceeds go to building fund
• Farm Day at Burnt Church Community Center; June 8
At 8 a.m., tractor display, miniature tractor pull, mule plowing, sale items; at 10 a.m., gospel singing; lunch and snacks available
• John Thomas Dennis Family Reunion; Walnut Grove Volunteer Fire Department; June 8; 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
There is a charge for lunch – fish and chicken fry with all the trimmings; for more information call 256-766-2301 or 256-760-0038
• Hardin County Fire Department will honor the Flag and host Open House; June 8; 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
District fire station 12, at 90 Walnut St., Savannah
• Family Reunion; Graham’s United Methodist Church; Tenn. 69 South; June 8; 10:30 a.m.
For descendants of G.W. and Camly Scott Robertson
• Finger Volunteer Fire Department Fish Fry; June 8; 2:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
All you can eat catfish or chicken with all the trimmings and homemade desserts; all proceeds will go towards the operating expenses of the Finger Fire Department
• People’s Tabernacle Church; 64 Airways Blvd.; June 9; 6 p.m.
In concert, “The Guardians” with bass vocalist Pat Barker; Josh and Ashley Franks will also appear; for more information, go to www.ptcsavannah.com
• “SEA of Friends” support group; Sheltering Tree Ranch at the Bunk House; Second Tuesday of month; 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
The free support group is for people who have loved ones with special needs; for more information contact Jessica Mayfield at 925-2922 or 931-215-7384, or by email at email@example.com
• Saltillo Church of Christ; 225 Oak Ave.; Saltillo: June 13-15
Presenting “The Greatest Savior;” Thursday and Friday at 6:30 p.m., fellowship on Saturday at 4:30 p.m.
• Savannah Flood Relief Musicfest; Selmer City Park; June 15; all day
Live music all day, featuring “Wayne Jerrolds and Savannah Grass,” “The Lisa Lambert Band,” “A Band of Jones,” “Riverstone,” “Second Chantz,” “Buckshot Daisy,” “Joe Rickman Band” and Michael Wiggins; donations accepted for flood victims; cruise-in, silent auction, bouncy house for kids
• God’s Way Charity Hall; 1111 Peach St. (also called Old U.S. 45); Selmer; June 15; 8 a.m.
Giveaway for needy people, household items, clothes, shoes; for more information call Brenda Sanders, 731-610-7603
• People’s Tabernacle Church; 64 Airways Blvd.; June 15; 10 a.m.
One Day Kids Camp for ages preschool to fifth grade; at 2 p.m. family and friends gather for free hamburgers and hotdogs, water slide, inflatables, games for the entire family; to pre-register your child go to www.ptcsavannah.com or call 731-727-8242
• Carter Family Reunion; Eastview Civic Center; June 15; 10 a.m.
Several cousins arrive three days ahead of reunion; as usual the family will eat a buffet of fish, chicken and the trimmings, and homemade ice cream at Chewalla at Jim’s on Thursday, June 13, at 5:30 p.m., with a cost, call or text Carolyn Fowler if you plan to attend; and on Friday June 14, they will eat out, place to be determined
• Scott Family Reunion; The Marty Community Center; 405 Blanton Land, Adamsville; June 15; 10 a.m.
All Scott descendants including those of Winfield Warren and Susie Paralee Doss, Scott family; chicken and drinks will be provided; organizers ask others to bring side dishes and desserts; for more information, call Rickey Scott, 731-607-0031
• New Testament Baptist Church; 150 Moore Rd.; Savannah; June 15; 10:30 a.m.
Ladies meeting with guest speaker, Jessica Ragland Cook
• Honor the Flag annual Flag Day event; June 15; 4:30 p.m.
Flag Lowering celebration at Pickwick Landing State Park, at Sandy Beach, with free hot dogs and drinks provided by Hardin County Tourism
• Savannah Lions Club Walking Horse Royal; Hardin County Fairgrounds; June 15; 6:30 p.m.; Admission at gate, 10 years and under free; judge, Steve Glidewell of Corinth, Mississippi; master of ceremony, Jack May; ringmaster, Vance Dennis; farrier, Keith Rich
• Olive Hill Baptist Church; 160 Baptist Loop; Olive Hill; June 17; 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Vacation Bible school
• DreamWeavers of West Tennessee; Savannah Theater; June 20-23
Musical performance – “Mamma Mia!;” Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 7 p.m., Sunday at 2 p.m.; Tickets available online or at the ticket box office; more information at www.drmwvrs.net
• People’s Tabernacle Church; 64 Airways Blvd.; June 23; 6 p.m.
Award winning soloist Mark Bishop in concert; freewill love offering will be received; Josh and Ashley Franks will also appear; for more information, go to www.ptcsavannah.com
• Hardin County Democratic Meeting; Hardin County Courthouse; June 27
Democratic Women at 5:30 p.m.; Party meeting at 6 p.m.; for more information call 731-607-1181
• Special screening of “Country Music” a film by Ken Burns; Historic Savannah Theater; 75 Court St.; June 27; 6 p.m.
Hosted by WLJT, the film is a preview of a new series exploring the history of country music; reception to follow; RSVP to wljt.org or 731-881-7561 by June 24
• Ragamuffin Band Battle Round 2; Historic Savannah Theater; June 29; 6 p.m.
There is a cost, 5 and under free; for more information, 731-727-6841