Hardin County elementary school student tests positive for coronavirus, 10 more quarantined

A Hardin County student has contracted coronavirus and 10 more students are being quarantined, Director of Schools Michael Davis said Wednesday evening.
He said the COVID-19 positive student attends East Elementary and was in class and elsewhere in the school Monday and Tuesday, but was not present today. The students who are being quarantined were within 6 feet of the child for a minimum of 10 minutes.
According to Davis, he learned of the situation at 5:15 p.m. Wednesday, and all parents in the infected child’s classroom have been notified by phone. A cleaning crew has worked to sanitize the affected classroom and after consulting with the Hardin County Health Department, the decision was made not to close the classroom or quarantine every student in it.

7 Comments

1. Vickie Lamont on August 12, 2020 at 9:05 pm

We need to pray for the staff and students this is a evil virus

2. Chasity on August 12, 2020 at 9:40 pm

Honestly think school should be shutdown completely!!! Makes people wonder why we even had school in the first place…I think these adults need to go back to school and study how to keep people and kids save…why not go ahead and put pedophiles as the teachers it’d be about the same as making kids go to school just to get killed by a virus!!! #SAVETHECHILDREN

• Darlene on August 13, 2020 at 9:12 am

In Tennessee the law requires parents to make their own decision to let the children go to school or home school no one is forced to make their children attend public schools and that is pretty disgraceful to compare a pedophile to a virus 😕

• Chas Davis on August 15, 2020 at 1:54 pm

Just to let everyone know that the above comment was not made by me since it is the same name as mine and would prob make people wonder since there was no last name 😳 I did choose to do the distance learning option for my children and that is what was best for our family and I am capable of being home with my kids daily but I would never say such a harsh thing about our teachers or school system they are brave souls to be battling this virus and risking their lives also and are doing the best they can I have many friends that are teachers that I pray for everyday and all the children that have had to be placed back in school during this virus

3. Ron on August 13, 2020 at 8:57 am

Bill Lee called this reopening a part “nationwide experiment”. It’d be nice if republicans didn’t experiment on school kids.

4. Lavada on August 13, 2020 at 9:35 am

I think that everyone shouldn’t be sending their kids to school until knowing for sure it’s safe to send them

5. Catlady5632 on August 14, 2020 at 8:34 am

How many people are going to vote Republican again this year. And as far as home schooling your child I don’t think a lot of people can afford a computer and the internet so they have to send their children to school. Your president is the one making the schools go back. He has never took this virus serious.