Skip to content

Veteran with PTSD missing, last seen in Hardin County

A veteran said to be suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder related to military duty overseas and last seen in Hardin County has been missing for three weeks.
According to Hardin County Sheriff Johnny Alexander, Terry Michael Woodall, 30, moved to Hardin County from Georgia within the last three to four years.

Terry Woodall

Because of the circumstances of Woodall’s disappearance, family and friends are deeply worried. He added that there are enough concerns to commit to a full missing person investigation, and several outside agencies have been contacted to assist in trying to locate Woodall.
“We want to find this man – we’ve committed serious resources to finding him, and we’re going to keep working to find him. We want to find him not only to ensure his safety and well-being, but also for the peace of mind of his family and friends,” the sheriff said Monday.
Last seen as he left his home on Swiney Road sometime late on Sept. 10, his disappearance was reported to the Hardin County Sheriff’s Office on Sept. 18. A Hardin County E-911 missing person alert said Woodall was reported to have recently sought treatment at the Veterans Administration hospital in Memphis.
Alexander said Woodall, who had done odd jobs locally to get by, moved here after his military service and has few contacts locally. He has been living in the Crump and Morris Chapel-Old Union areas, and the Swiney Road residence is his last known address.
Alexander said it’s unknown which direction he might be traveling, and his only vehicle is inoperable. He was walking when last seen. His family and friends have also informed the sheriff’s office that he can survive in the wilderness alone.
Woodall is a 6-foot-tall white male with brown hair and blue eyes, and weighs approximately 195 pounds. Hardin County E-911 Director David Alexander reached out to friends and family to ask for the most recent pictures of Woodall.
He asked that anyone with information regarding Woodall contact the local E-911 center at 731-925-9007, and that information will be forwarded to the sheriff’s office.

Leave a Comment