MARCH 15 – The Tennessee Valley Authority’s seasonal campgrounds are ready and waiting for visitors to return to the outdoors as the 2018 camping season starts today.
TVA provides more than 80 public recreation areas, including campgrounds, day-use areas and boat ramps across the Tennessee Valley. Recreation Resource Management LLC, will again be managing the six TVA campgrounds on its dam reservations:
• Cherokee Dam - Cherokee Reservoir in Jefferson City, Tenn.
• Douglas Dam Headwater – Douglas Reservoir near Sevierville, Tenn.
• Douglas Dam Tailwater – Douglas Reservoir near Sevierville, Tenn.
• Melton Hill Dam - Melton Hill Reservoir near Lenoir City, Tenn.
• Pickwick Dam – Pickwick Reservoir near Savannah, Tenn.
• Watauga Dam – Watauga Reservoir near Elizabethton, Tenn.
TVA said improvements made at these campgrounds in 2017 include a new online reservation system, renovated restrooms, and new camp stores at Douglas Headwater and Pickwick campgrounds.